Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Thing # 23

Here I am at the end of the journey--as I said before in a previous post--I am delighted with this experience and would really like it to continue. And I want to say again how much I appreciate the work that went into making the various links for us to explore.  
I loved doing a podcast and posting a YouTube video on my site. That was exciting to figure out--and I am immersed in technicolor daydreams about putting sites on my blog for my students to read and discuss. So much is out there--I was thrilled to find YouTube videos on The Scarlet Letter--now who knows what else will be there to connect with our study of American Literature next year. I know my students would like to post some of their own movies on The Great Gatsby which we do in the spring.

I especially liked Flickr too as I love color and design.  I doubt if I will post any photos there--but it is fun to pull images out.  I also like iReader from Google and the RSS feeds.  Some of the sites like the search engine one--can't remember the title--I may not use--unless I get used to them--it seems easier for now just to pull the search up in Google and choose the ones that seem worth reading.

As far as lifelong learning--as I said earlier--we just start to expire when we choose not to learn anymore--and as technology is such a challenge for me--I feel it is better for my brain to force myself to use it.  I am really puzzled by the posting of Anonymous that the program was "ok"--surely there is something here for everyone if we are willing to put ourselves into it with some effort and engagement.  It has certainly been a stretch for me, and I appreciate that very much.

I really  can't think of anyway this could have been better, and I will certainly choose to enroll in one--probably next summer would be better than the school year.  We might even think of some ongoing way to share with each other how we have used the knowledge we have gained this summer.

I will answer more questions later--have not finished--and I am continuing to look at the other blogs--new ones seem to be starting all the time.  Looking back--I think I have pretty much answered all the questions. I did complete the survey--but could not get it to post--or whatever the term is. I have noticed that other people have had the same problem.

I am really surprised that I might actually use a blog in my classroom--I think it is an ugly word, but it was so much fun making mine and posting my experiences on it, that I want my students to see it and use it.

My one-sentence comment: Hooray for the librarians--who knew those stodgy old women in sensible shoes from my childhood  would be setting the pace, now in hip running shoes, for the classroom internet revolution!

4 comments:

LauraAnn said...

I'm finished, too! Yipee!!!!
Well, I couldn't get the suvery to post... and you?

Infomaniac said...

Your blog is a real eye-catcher and matches your blog name. I love your phrasing "those stodgy old women in sensible shoes...setting the pace...in hip running shoes, for the classroom internet revolution. I also enjoyed reading your profile. I too remember 10sent movies and Gabby Hayes--AND don't forget Roy Rogers and Dale Evans. Didn't you have one of their lunch boxes? Keep blogg'n. I am adding you to my preferred list.

the changing brain said...

I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. You have a wonderful writing style, which is especially evident in your profile. I hope that you continue to update your blog. I'm curious to find out your students' reactions to the YouTube videos you integrate in your curriculum next year.

Thanks for sharing your learning!

Dyslexic Mystery Lover said...

Hi there!
Just stopping by to wish you a wonderful start to the new school year. Yuck! Getting up at 5am was not fun, ha!
Take care,
Kay :0)