Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thing # 14

Now I have looked at Technorati, watched the video, and explored the site a bit--I looked up Library learning 2.0 in two spots but couldn't find the tag search place on the site. If anyone can tell me how to do this, I would appreciate it.

It is interesting to know that this outlet exists for people to make their own news--though some of it--John McCain's latest video for instance--would be the same as regular news outlets.  However I was a bit perturbed by the young woman's comment--and one of the men's as well about wanting to hear judgments of bands, etc. from regular people not from critics.  As an English major (and a ph.d in English), I value good criticism as illuminating and intriguing.  I want to see what the film critics in the New Yorker have to say about a new film and probably would not be interested in the view of a blogger whom I don't know. So I might find Technorati somewhat limiting for my interests.

I also would not want to post my blog.  My daughter in law would be very upset for one thing that pictures of my granddaughters would be circulated on the world wide web! And I am too private to expose myself to comments outside the SBISD world!

No comments: