Saturday, July 19, 2008

Thing #20

I am so excited--I actually learned to post a youtube video from their site.  We start the year with The Scarlet Letter, and I thought it would be fun to let the kids see a couple of videos from people have made.  I am madly thinking how to use this--one way I like to work with literature is to ask the students to connect the work to one or more of their intelligence styles. This video uses musical, verbal, and spatial intelligence--the composition of the images would be the spatial.  So that is three of the eight we know about.
Since the students look at you tube all the time, they may be interested in finding videos--and they can certainly post the ones we do later in the year with The Great Gatsby. This is wonderful.

I looked at the Teacher Tube also--maybe I will get my students to help me do a video--one involving them and me. My performance projects in Shakespeare would be a great start.

After reading the entire library posting on this thing, I find it amusing that one thing the librarians must help us do now is to circumvent the district's firewalls--I know the firewall helps with some problems--but it is presents other problems--blocking videos or sites we use in teaching--anyway...part of life....

No comments: