Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thing 10

I got into second life--made myself an avatar (who was extremely unlike me in real life, but I liked her colors)--and had a few adventures. I wanted to try different fashions, but found those were very expensive, so I would up flying, walking, and generally playing around in the Frank Lloyd Wright museum. That was fun and good for me to experience as I know many of my students who are in engineering are working in programs that use 3D for designing rooms, houses, and other projects.

I would like it better if we could all go into art museums, museums such as the Tenement Museum in New York--or better yet, experience life as a Medieval peasant, or someone on trial for Witchcraft in 17th century Salem. I know those things will come if they are not already available. I know you can go into Chenenceau, one of the chateaux on the Loire River and see the rooms from every perspective--but those are photos of real rooms, not virtual.

I certainly can see some exciting possibilities such as attending a performance at Shakespeare's Globe in a virtual world. Or a reading by Charles Dickens--that would be great.

1 comment:

Hoonster :] said...

I have to say witnessing the Salem Witch trial would be a very interesting experience!! :]
-Christian (boy in the corner xD)