Friday, June 5, 2009

Thing Number 1 (11.5 Things)

I love the idea of connectivity! I love the idea that students can reach out to various resources and get in touch with people who have knowledge about a field they want to know more about. I am a bit concerned about the students jumping in to find the first website they can--and not looking further to judge its worth. However this is an issue to be addressed in class. The students can write on my blog about how they judge the validity of a source as they reach further out into webspace; they already know how to judge simple Google search results.

I want to practice this myself this summer, so I can show my students how to come up with some good sources, which I can demonstrate on the projector with my computer. The librarian can also give a talk about how to find and judge sources as we go to the library to research.

No comments: