Friday, June 12, 2009

Thing 5

Wow--I looked ahead and cannot wait to get into the apps--I have an iPhone--
I do want to say about microblogging that I definitely am seeing its benefits--I had gotten an identity on Facebook a couple of years ago as the Breast Cancer Awareness group which I sponsor at Memorial found this was the best way to communicate with each other during the summer. It was news to me that Facebook had replaced emailing--but now I get it!

My daughter in law puts pictures of my darling granddaughters on Facebook--a former student who now teaches English in China posts on his Facebook account. Through him I found a group of my sophomores from 1968 who are planning a 40th reunion in 2010--so I posted a note asking if anyone remembers me. Those students are now in their 50's--I was 23, and they were 15 when I taught them. Who knew then that I might find some of them again on something called a "computer"!

1 comment:

VWB said...

i can imagine with your far-away family how wonderful al this is...mine is in Dallas and it even benefits me to be (and feel) connected on a daily-type level!