Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thing # 6

I have found a new world--one that realizes my best daydreams--Flickr Color Pickr. I was enchanted to play with the colors arranged like a mandala, and to see what images come up. I tried to make a mosaic, but had a little trouble. I also did Warholizing of pictures of my granddaughters but learned that the pictures which work seem to have more contrast. Also making a mosaic of pictures of my granddaughters did not work well--I will have to find pictures that translate well--maybe ones with more pixels? one of the most gorgeous pictures of Anaëlle split into pixels when I put it in a mosaic. But I love this site and can think of uses for it in class to spur writing and to elicit imaginative responses from my students.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

What a wonderful blog, Ann! I loved reading your life story in the right-hand bar, where I learned a few new things about you. Also funny that you are passionate about Haruki Murakami right now - I really loved Kafka on the Shore, and also Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World. I hear there is a good movie out - Tony Takitani - based on one of his stories.

Someday I think your grandkids will read this blog and enjoy it - I certainly have!

Hi to all your family & your boon companion. : )

Andrew

VWB said...

The Color Pickr is a favorite of mine as well. What problem were you having with the mosaic? maybe we can help you figure it out?

Rose and Sydnie Kleinhenz said...

I enjoyed reading your bio. Your wonderful personality jumped right off the screen.