Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thing #3 Joys and Difficulties of Learning

I am highly motivated to learn. I am easily bored, so I want to find out about all sorts of things which picque my interest to keep far away from that dreaded state of ennui. I learned this year that I love yoga, so I want to do more of than. I am always reading about new things--from biographies to new fiction.

My greatest obstacle in learning is that, when I try something new, if I am not immediately good at it, I don't want to try anymore. This is especially true with physical challenges--which is why I am so happy I loved my yoga class. I am trying to learn to be patient and work harder on something which is difficult for me. However, I do like so many other things, I can always rationalize that I can do something else instead.

No comments: