Sunday, June 8, 2008

Thing # 7

I haven't posted in a week or so--I have been getting used to using our new iMac--lots of fun with that-and also had to go to a three-day in-service last week.

In sporadic moments I have been playing with Google--I love iGoogle--don't know how to set it as my homepage on the new computer--not that I knew how to save a homepage on the old computer--but I love the way I can customize all the areas I am interested in knowing about--independent films, news, art, for instance.

I played with Google World yesterday and downloaded it on the computer--found the hotel we are staying in in Paris and how to get there from the Gare du Nord where we will be arriving by train from Amsterdam on June 22nd.  I found Duncan's house in Vaucresson where he lives with his wife and two daughters--I had tried Google Scholar but didn't have much luck with that--mostly found books--and did try out all the Google elements including the tour of world landmarks on Google World--I think that is the right name.  I did go through all the Google applications, but these are the two I enjoyed most.  And, of course, I have been "googling" things for quite awhile now.

No comments: