Sunday, June 6, 2010

Retirement....so far

I jumped into so many things the first three days that now I have to recover....I went to yoga on Thursday, a new kind which focuses on proper body alignment, a great workout.
Friday I went to docent training for the new exhibition at the Houston Contemporary Craft Museum on Main Street. The gallery is filled with magical costumes made out of paper...strongly recommend that you see it.
Saturday I went to a ceramics class on making garden ornaments....it was so much fun, liking playing mudpies again.  We will see in two weeks if any of my works turn out after being fired; sometimes they break.
Now I know I want to volunteer the museum as I love spending time reveling in the colors and textures....I also want to help children or teenagers, so will be looking for the right place do engage in that kind of volunteer work....

Thanks to all of you for listening to my stories so sweetly.  I looked at your twitters about Scarlet Letter which we did at the first of the years----you all have definitely improved your writing!

I deleted the banned words list and rules for writing, but I find I still want to correct the rest of the world's writing and speaking!

15 comments:

Molly said...

Dr. Williams, I'm glad to see you are already enjoying your retirement! It appears as though you have already accomplished a lot in a small amount of time. I will be checking your blog to be updated on all your adventures! And I plan on sending you mine in an email shortly!

-Molly

Ann Williams said...

I am so happy to hear from you, dear! I think this is a better place for me to leave my notes than on Facebook, though I check it for notes from students and family!

Michael said...

Ann, I wish you the best in your phase of intentional unemployment. I am also just beginning the move from correcting English papers to focusing more on what I want to do, and when I want to do it.

All the best.

mjh
Former corrector of English papers

Brent Carlton said...

Hey Dr. Williams!
I am beginning the whole college application phase and i was referring back to your blog in search for words instead of shows! I find it amazing that i still come back to your blog for english help and i just wanted to say that i hope you enjoy your retirement. Live life to the fullest!

Brent Carlton

Bilal Kamoon said...

Hi :D My name is Bilal Kamoon, I'm a 16 years old guy from Lebanon. I run The Conscious Living Blog, it's a new blog and I'm gathering readers, so may you please have a look at it (: thank you!

anyessays said...

Wonderful

bestessay4u said...

my congratulations!

EssayServe.com said...

Thanks for the interesting interview

writerscash.com said...

very interesting. as always))

grandresume.com said...

Thanks for sharing such an interesting information.

researchpaperstar.com said...

I think this is really a very nice post. Thanks for the great content!

researchpaperwriter.net said...

Thanks for posting this useful info. It really helped me

thesis911.com said...

Thanks for sharing this picture i will add some to my collection!)

Furnace Cleaning Edmonton said...

I was excited to uncover this web site. I want to to thank you for your time for this fantastic read!!
- Furnace Cleaning Edmonton | Duct Cleaning Edmonton | Duct Cleaning

horoscopo said...

this blog is just great!